1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?
Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes
into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it
to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running
aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and
make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be
disqualified for the prize.


Sunday, October 17, 2010

Heaven

It's always tough to imagine what heaven will be like.  I like to imagine that in heaven I'll look like Tinkerbell from Peter Pan.  Basically, I just want to be tiny and have wings so I can flit and fly around everywhere.  I suppose that if I don't have wings, the second thing I imagine I would have is the ability to run like a gazelle or a cheta!  I also imagine that the scenery in heaven will be exquisite and there will be an endless supply of new places and vistas to explore. 

It was actually the lyrics of a hymn I just heard on the radio that reminded me of these thoughts:
In mansions of glory and endless delight;
I'll ever adore thee in heaven so bright;
I'll sing with the glittering crown on my brow;
if ever I loved thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.

For me these words are packed with emotion... glory, delight, adore, sing, love... but the imagery is tougher.  The closest I come in my daily life to experiencing a sense of God's glory, delight and adoration is when I run.  When I see the beauty of His creation, feel the fresh air in my lungs and on my skin, and marvel at the amazing ability He's given to man to be able to run and tackle all sorts of other physical and mental challenges.  ... Wow, God is amazing and whether or not heaven turns out to be just as I imagine and dream I'm sure it will be totally amazing!

What are your thoughts and dreams of heaven?

1 comment:

  1. Full of flowers and plants with beautiful LIGHT and plenty of chocolate! :) Free of pain--physical and emotional. Beautiful music by the angels and maybe I'll even have a great voice!

    ReplyDelete